LOAN REGISTRATION SPECIALIST
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position will be responsible for boarding and opening of all new loans, including providing the proper initial disclosures as required by law. Also acts as assistant to closing and or underwriting departments with ordering of various online vendor services, data entry tasks and other support functions as required by Operations and or Regional Manager. May be asked to perform administrative and receptionist duties from time to time as required.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The employee will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the supervisor. Job duties may change as required by needs of company.
1. Monitor all new loan submissions via email routing from Plaza’s Broker Portal to Plaza’s Internal LOS.
2. Enter and update loan program specific information into internal system record.
3. Order vendor services
4. Prepare initial disclosures, as required by law and post or mail to borrower within 3 business days of receipt of application.
5. Verify documents for submission are in DocuTrac:
· Initial 1003
· Verify NMLS # and name for company and loan officer and match information to 1003 data.
· Verify HMDA is complete
· Verify GFE meets RESPA requirements for dates and fees, matches system for floating or locked.
· Verify Service Provider List is in file, with at least one service provider
· Fee itemization is in file
6. Provide clerical support to Branch Manager or Branch Operations Manager.
7. Perform related duties as required by the Branch or Branch Operations Manager.
8. Conduct annual or as needed branch audits with Quality Control Manager
9. Assist Manager with department enhancements and training
10. Perform special projects as assigned
11. Research and answer Compliance questions as needed
12. HMDA reporting within deadline
13. Staying current with new State and Federal industry regulations
This position requires a high school degree or equivalent with current knowledge of the mortgage banking industry a plus. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills; exceptional attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce accurate work, the ability to manage time, multi-task, and prioritize work in a high paced environment with heavy volume of transactions. Additional qualifications required include a solid commitment to customer and employee service, outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills, and incumbent must possess the ability to work in both a team and individual environment. Position also requires proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and knowledge of internet browsers. Incumbent must be able to use independent judgment skills to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures and have the ability to monitor and oversee loan production pipelines.